Some people love them, some are intimidated by them, and many have never heard of them. We’ve seen and heard it all about anti-aging serums, and we live in the “love them” category. With their recent increase in popularity, there’s nothing trendy or ‘fad-like’ about them. They work. They matter to our skin. And that really is enough for more and more people to adopt them into their routines and stick with them.
Anti-aging serums are your skin care workhorses. They are usually more lightweight than moisturizers and have the ability to penetrate deeper into your skin, delivering active ingredients at higher concentrations directly to the source. Serums are fast absorbing liquids always used after cleansing and before moisturizing.
Different anti-aging serums perform different jobs. Some are used to treat wrinkles and plump skin, while others are used to retain a youthful glow, exfoliate, or repair the skin, as needed.
Depending on your needs, Pamela Metamorphosis offers anti-aging serums to help your skin find its healthy, youthful glow.
GLYCOLIC SERUM & GLYCOLIC ACID EXPLAINED
As part of the Alpha-Hydroxy Acid (AHA) family (other members include lactic, tartaric, and citric acids), glycolic acid benefits every skin type by helping to control oily skin, improve hydration, and fight the signs of aging, as well as control acne and minimize scarring. Glycolic acid is a natural exfoliate that gently rids your skin of the dead cells on the top layer over time to reveal the younger, fresher skin beneath. There are two major layers of skin, both made up of their own unique sub layers. The important layer for collagen growth, skin stability and thickness is in the dermal layer. But where the skin shows its beauty is in the epidermal layer, which is where glycolic acid works. Glycolic acid has anti-aging properties due to its exfoliating abilities. Along with exfoliation, glycolic acid also helps to control acne and balance the skin’s PH levels.
Our Glycolic Serum is a true glycolic product. Many companies have gone to AHA blends where they combine more than one type in the product, but Glycolic is effective on its own and doesn’t need other AHAs to make it work harder or perform more effectively. Glycolic acid is what started the “therapeutic skin care” craze, as it is a naturally derived exfoliator. In addition to glycolic acid, our Glycolic Serum is engineered with peptides to encourage collagen growth:
1. Tetradecyl-Aminobutyroylvalylaminobutric Urea Trifluoroacetate (TAUT)
A peptide with four (“tetra” from the Greek) different peptides in the formulation. It’s a skin-conditioning agent that stimulates the production of collagen, giving the face a fuller, firmer look.
2. Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5:
Popular anti-aging ingredient valued for its ability to communicate with skin cells and boost collagen production.
3. Palmitoyl Dipeptide-5 Diaminobutyroyl Hydroxythreonine:
A peptide that is a skin-conditioning agent with active anti-aging properties. It stimulates the production of the protein collagen to produce visible results in skin restoration.
TWO FOR ONE!
What we love about our Glycolic Serum is that it’s dual acting. Peptides work in the dermal layer of the skin while the glycolic acid works in the epidermal layer. You receive the benefits from one product in both layers of the skin!
VITAMIN C SERUM
VITAMIN C SERUMS DO THEIR PART TO PROTECT YOUR SKIN!
- It’s an antioxidant: Vitamin C serums help to repair and renew the cells and give the skin a healthier look.
- It’s a collagen booster: Vitamin C serums stimulate the creation of collagen in the skin which will give you a tighter, firmer and less sagged look. It is a good first-step solution to treat the onset of wrinkles.
- It’s a free radical fighter: Because of their antioxidant properties, Vitamin C serums work hard in the body to block some of the damage caused by free radicals. Free radicals are hard on our skin, causing visible signs of aging and deterioration. Some examples of free radicals that affect the skin are: cigarette/cigar smoke, poor diet and alcohol, stress, pollution, the sun and many more.
- It acts as a sun shied: Overexposure to the sun can cause hyperpigmentation and sun spotting. A Vitamin C serum will counteract any harmful effect of the sun and also decrease the chances of skin cancer by thickening the dermal layer. But it is important to note that a Vitamin C serum cannot replace your sunscreen. A sunscreen provides the much needed SPF protection by greater shielding the outer layer of the skin while the Vitamin C serum acts as a sun barrier from within the skin. Always apply sunscreen along with your Vitamin C serum before going outside.
A closer look at the top three ingredients in our Vitamin C Serum:
- Anti-oxidant Vitamin C as main ingredient
- Tocopheryl acetate – a form of vitamin E, a natural skin-conditioning agent and antioxidant.
- Panthenol Vitamin B – minimizes aging of the skin. Helps to retain moisture beneath the skin which helps lessen the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Just as you drink your orange juice in the morning, that’s when you should use your anti-aging Vitamin C Serum! It’s the only antioxidant proven to stimulate the synthesis of collagen, enhance the skin’s repair process, reduce inflammation and help minimize fine lines, scars and wrinkles. Less is more when it comes to Vitamin C. You don’t have to lather it on to receive the benefits. One pump for the face and one for the neck and chest is all you need in the morning.