BroadBand Light Therapy, also called BBL, is an effective way to rejuvenate and refresh your skin. The downtime is also minimal. There are some things you can do to prep your skin beforehand, as well as take care of it after your appointment. Doing so is important for high-quality results. To learn more, or to schedule a consultation, please call Facial Aesthetics in Denver, at 855-857-4770, or in Greenwood Village at 855-898-7910.
- No natural sun exposure, use of tanning beds, use of tanning lotions and/or spray tan application for 4 weeks prior to treatment.
- Some medications or supplements may increase your risk of bruising. Consult with your aesthetician. Arnica Montana is recommended to decrease the likelihood of bruising. Arnica is available for purchase at Facial Aesthetics.
- A history of herpes or cold sores will require a course of anti-viral medication pre and post treatment.
- Your provider will recommend appropriate products to help enhance results or minimize potential side effects.
- Bruising, redness and/or swelling are common and will resolve with time.
- Mineral make-up may be applied immediately following treatment.
- Treated pigment will turn darker (brown to black) within 24-48 hours.
- Do not pick at treated areas, as this may cause scarring. Especially dry areas should be kept hydrated with Aquaphor or a product recommended to you by your aesthetician.
- Treated pigment will slough off the face in approximately 1 week and off the body in approximately 2-3 weeks. Do not pick at the pigment!
- Avoid sun exposure and use a broad-spectrum sunscreen to prevent new sun damage from occurring.
- Avoid heat, saunas, hot tubs and sweaty activity for 1-2 days; this includes exercise of any kind.
- Avoid products containing any exfoliating agents (retinoic acid, tretinoin, retinol, benzoyl peroxide, glycolic acid, salicylic acid, astringents, etc.)for 7 days after treatment.
- Do not use a Clarisonic or facial brush of any kind for 7 days after your treatment.
- You may resume your regular skin care routine after seeing your aesthetician for a follow up, typically 7 days after your treatment.