As the weather changes, the air becomes drier, and the temperatures fall, your skin may lose precious moisture, causing cracking, chapping, and redness. Autumn is a time of transition and skin care becomes important to mitigate any effects of the summer season (in sun damage, chlorine from swimming pools, or saltwater) and to prepare your skin for the coming winter. Facial Aesthetics, your Colorado medical spa, recommends the following tips for taking care of your skin:
- As they leave your skin dry, ditch the soaps and switch instead to a soap-free hydrating cleanser.
- Exfoliate with an oil-based scrub, that will both exfoliate and hydrate.
- As the air becomes drier, your skin needs a thicker moisturizer. Switch from lotion to cream; creams provide a stronger oily barrier, reducing water loss from the outer layer of skin.
- Use a non-petroleum based lip balm to protect your lips from becoming dry and cracked.
- Invest in hand cream and start moisturizing your hands now to ensure soft, supple hands all the way to springtime.
When you become proactive in your skin care treatment, you can prevent damaging conditions that may need more intensive cures later on.
For more information on skin treatment, contact our elite medical spas at either the Rose Medical location at 303-377-2868 or the Landmark location at 303-791-1820. We serve the areas of Denver, Littleton, Englewood, Cherry Creek, Castle Rock, and the surrounding communities.