You can feel it already: a chill in the air in Denver and a slight southerly position of the sun. Fall and winter are right around the corner in the Front Range. While you may be hoping for snowflakes in the mountains soon, you may also be dreading the drier air. Colorado is already known for its dry climate, and it only gets worse in the winter. So what can you do to combat dry skin? Read below to find out.
Use Professional-Grade Products
Skin care products help by both adding moisture and locking in moisture. When you visit our team for a consultation, we can help you choose from one of the skin care products available for purchase at our offices. We offer great products from leading brands, including:
- Pamela Metamorphosis
- iS Clinical
We can help you develop a skin care routine, which may include applying moisturizer immediately after the shower, to help your skin retain hydration. An effective at-home skin care routine forms a foundation for rejuven
ating and maintaining great skin.
Tips for Preventing Skin Dryness
- Keep showers to 10 minutes. Use warm water instead of hot. Prolonged time under the hot water strips the natural oils and moisture from your skin. In cold weather, it's normal to get tempted by a long, hot shower. But remember that it will result in dry, flaky skin!
- Keep indoor heating as low as is comfortable. Your heater dries your skin, just like air conditioning does in the summer. Not that anyone would want to eschew heating altogether, but you may want to keep it set to the lowest temp you are comfortable with.
- Drink plenty of water. Hydrate from the inside out. Dehydration can cause your skin to look parched and dry.
- Protect your skin from harsh outdoor elements. When the weather turns cold, wrap up with a scarf, hat and gloves before going outside. Doing so will reduce the ability of the cold, dry air to suck moisture from your skin.
- Use a gentle, soap-free cleanser. Harsh soaps remove natural oils from your skin.
- Use an oil-based exfoliator. A scrub that is oil-based will remove dead skin cells while replenishing moisture.
Consider a Rejuvenating Skin Treatment
At Facial Aesthetics, we offer a wide array of non-surgical cosmetic treatments to refresh, rejuvenate and revitalize the skin. Many of these can address dryness:
- BroadBand Light (BBL) Treatment
- SkinPen Microneedling
- Vivace Microneedling
When you visit our experienced Medical Estheticians for a consultation, we will examine your skin to assess its current condition and any problems that exist. We may recommend the VISIA complexion analysis device, which captures photographs of your face from multiple angles. The technology then displays multiple frames of the images on a computer screen, isolating each skin condition so we get an in-depth visualization of the causes of your skin issues.
Call us for More Information
Interested in learning more about skin care and skin treatments to rejuvenate and refresh your dry skin? If so, please call us in Denver at 303-377-2868, or in Greenwood Village at 303-791-1820. We are happy to arrange a complimentary consultation with you to help you reach your goals.