Thanks to ongoing technological advances in the skin care industry, there are numerous options to help us in the fight against aging and attaining a more youthful appearance. When it comes to acne prevention, wrinkle reduction, and radiance the foods you eat can make a significant difference. If you are in the Denver region and are seeking more advanced skin care services, contact Facial Aesthetics by calling 303-377-2868 to schedule a complimentary consultation.
It has long been known that certain nutrients play an integral part on the appearance of our skin, and with further studies the link between nutrition and skin health has become increasingly stronger. To help nourish your skin inside and out, incorporate the following into your diet:
- Chocolate - The ingredient cocoa helps make your skin firmer and more supple while hydrating it.
- Yogurt - Dairy is not only resistant to lines but it is excellent for creating a smoother complexion and firmer skin.
- Pomegranates - This antioxidant rich fruit will help fight free radicals and regulate the skin's blood flow. It can also help smooth lines and moisturize when applied to the skin.
- Soy - The minerals and proteins found in soy help reduce hyperpigmentation, giving you a clearer complexion.
- Sunflower Seeds - Packed with vitamin E, sunflower seeds can keep skin staying elastic by protecting the top layers from the sun.
- Peppers - The carotenoids found in peppers can help decrease your skin's sensitivity to sun and fight wrinkles.
- Green Tea - High in the antioxidant EGCG, green tea helps reduce redness and fight inflammation.
- Walnuts - These nuts are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and can improve the skin's elasticity and texture while boosting collagen production.
- Kidney Beans - If you suffer from acne, the high content of zinc that is found in kidney beans can help your skin stay clear.
If you are unhappy with the appearance of your skin and would like to see what treatment options are available to you at our Denver med spa, contact us at 303-377-2868 to schedule a free consultation today!