Like any other cosmetic procedure, choosing to get BOTOX® Cosmetic injections is a big decision—and weighing the pros and cons of this in-office treatment is an important aspect in making this decision. Our experienced team of board-certified plastic surgeons wants to help you determine if BOTOX ® Cosmetic injections are right for you.
BOTOX® Cosmetic treatments have been used by millions of Americans. This injection has been proven to smooth fine lines by silencing nerves causing muscle contractions, which temporarily relaxes the muscle and leaves the above skin smooth in appearance. If you're considering this treatment, take into account the following pros:
- BOTOX® Cosmetic uses thin needles for facial injections.
- It is nonsurgical.
- There is little to no down time.
- More affordable than a face lift or other surgical procedures.
- The effects can last up to 6 months.
- Quick results.
- By relaxing muscular activity, it decreases: frown lines, crow's feet and other wrinkles for a more youthful look.
BOTOX® Cosmetic can be used to soften the lines you have now, and to prevent lines and wrinkles before they even appear. However, this treatment isn't for everyone. Be sure to speak with our knowledgeable team to develop a cosmetic plan that is best for you.
BOTOX® Cosmetic can have some cons, which may include:
- Temporary results requiring further treatments.
- Can cause side effects such as bruising or bleeding at the injection site and allergic reactions in some patients.
- The cost is generally per treatment.
As the patient, it is up to you and our surgeons to determine if BOTOX® Cosmetic injections are right for you. Depending on what you want to achieve, our surgeons may recommend other procedures to deliver the best results possible, such as: hydrafacial, dermal fillers and microdermabrasion.
If you're looking for a more youthful appearance, call Facial Aesthetics at 303-377-2868. We are proud to care for patients in the Denver, Castle Rock, Aurora and surrounding areas.