Dermal fillers reverse the most visible signs of aging including:
- Soften fine lines, wrinkles and creases
- Restore volume lost from diminishing subcutaneous fat
- Augment thin lips
- Soften dark circles beneath the eyes
A filler is administered via injection with a thin needle. The area of injection depends on the type of filler. Some are administered deep beneath the layers of tissue, while others are placed closer to the surface.
As for what the filler is made of, it varies by type. Most of the products used at Facial Aesthetics contain hyaluronic acid. Fillers made from HA mimic the HA found naturally in your skin, connective tissue and cartilage. Part of what makes this material so effective is that it binds with water molecules, thereby providing hydrated, plump, smooth skin. It also replaces volume beneath the skin, which lessens as your skin ages. Age is associated with less subcutaneous fat, which makes it easier to see the creases of the deflated skin. Dermal fillers soften these lines and other types of creases on your face by plumping up the subcutaneous volume.
Dermal Fillers at Facial Aesthetics
Our experienced Aesthetic Nurse Injectors offer a comprehensive array of dermal fillers:
Most of these contain hyaluronic acid. Sculptra contains a type of lactic acid similar to that produced by our muscles under exertion. This lactic acid stimulates your body to produce its own collagen, which works like a scaffold to support smooth skin.
Don't worry if you aren't sure which filler to choose. Our Aesthetic Nurse Injectors have the experience and skill to match a treatment plan with your goals. We first want to discuss with you what changes you would like to see. We will look at the areas you identify as needing rejuvenation. Then our team can describe all of the options and help you choose a treatment plan.
Advantages of Dermal Fillers
Dermal fillers are popular across the country. Statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons show increasing rates of non-surgical treatments as people flock to these fast, easy rejuvenation options. Advantages of dermal fillers in particular include:
- Depending on the type of filler will last between 6 months to perhaps more than one year
- Non-surgical and minimally invasive
- Minimal to no downtime
Of course no single option is right for every person. Our experienced team wants to make sure that you are treating with the correct filler, and the only way to do so is to visit us for a one-on-one consultation. We personalize treatment plans to you.
Pre/Post Dermal Fillers Treatment Instructions
Dermal fillers are popular injectable gels that are a safe and fast way to bring back the volume and fullness that your face has lost. These fillers restore the skin by rebuilding natural collagen that breaks down over time. These injectable gels include:
Before Your Dermal Filler Treatment
- To minimize bruising avoid the following: baby aspirin, Aleve, Motrin, multivitamins, vitamin E and D, fish oils, alcoholic beverages. These are blood thinners and will cause you to bruise more easily.
- Do not use dermal fillers if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, are allergic to any of its ingredients, or suffer from any neurological disorders. Please inform your clinician if you have any questions about this prior to the procedure.
- Sunburnt skin can sometimes be painful when treated. We always recommend using sunscreen to protect your skin.
- Its important not to have a bacterial or fungal infection or an abrasion in the area of the injection as it can cause it to spread.
- If you are having an injection done to your lips, and are prone to cold sores, contact your clinician for advice on a anti-viral therapy.
- Always inform your clinician of all medications you may be taking as well as your medical history
After Your Dermal Filler Treatment
- Do not massage or manipulate your face in the treated area for 4 hours
- Do not apply ice after 24 hours
- Do not take hot showers, hot tubs, or saunas for one week
- Do not consume alcoholic beverages (this includes wine) for 24-48 hours
- Do not apply makeup for 12 hours post treatment unless absolutely necessary
- Do not exercise for 3-5 days
- Do not receive face down massage or facials for 1 week
- Doice for up to 24 hours (half hour on/half hour off) please be aware that using ice on newly injected skin, or thin and fragile skin, can cause injury.
- Douse Arnica if bruising is visible. The bruising will dissipate over the next several days.
- Douse bromelain if you have swelling that has not dissipated in 24 hours
- Do return to your skin care program and makeup application after 24 hours
- Do make a follow-up appointment if requested by your nurse injector
- Do take your full prescription of your anti-viral medication if you're prone to cold sores
In the next week contact your nurse injector following the dermal filler treatment if redness, swelling, tenderness, lumps or bumps appear in the treated area; if if cold sores appear.
To arrange your visit, please call us in Denver, at 303-377-2868, or in Greenwood Village, at 303-791-1820. Your dermal filler consultation is complimentary. You may also contact us by completing the form on this page.