Laser Genesis is completely non-surgical, so your downtime and recovery will be minimal. Below, we provide some details of pre and post treatment care. We will provide additional guidance when you visit us for your consultation. To arrange an appointment, please call Facial Aesthetics in Denver, at 303-377-2868, or in Greenwood Village at 303-791-1820.
- Excess hair may need to be shaved or derma-planed prior to treatment. Men should come to the clinic cleanly shaved.
- No natural sun exposure, use of tanning beds, use of tanning lotions and/or spray tan application for 4 weeks prior to treatment.
- A history of herpes or cold sores may require a course of anti-viral medication pre and post treatment.
- Your provider will recommend appropriate products to help enhance results and/or minimize potential side effects.
- Bruising, redness and/or swelling are common and will resolve with time.
- Avoid sun exposure and use a broad spectrum sunscreen to prevent sun damage from occurring.
- Avoid heat, saunas, hot tubs and sweaty activity for 1-2 days; this includes exercise of any kind.
- Avoid products containing any exfoliating agents (retinoic acid, tretinoin, retinol, benzoyl peroxide, glycolic acid, salicylic acid, astringents, etc.) for 24 hours after treatment.
- You may resume your regular skin care routine 24 hours after treatment.