Some of us are born with thin lashes. For others who have been bestowed with naturally thick lashes, time can begin to thin them out as we age. Whatever the cause may be, thin or barely there lashes can take away from the striking beauty of our eyes and our overall facial appearance. Latisse can help.
If you are a Castle Rock resident and you would like to find out more about how Latisse can improve the prominence of your lashes, call Facial Aesthetics medical spa to schedule your personal appointment.
How Does Latisse Work?
Latisse is prescription treatment for hypotrichosis, a condition of reduced lashes. This once-a-day treatment has been designed to grow eyelashes longer, fuller and darker, with visible results in as little as 8 weeks and full results within 16 weeks.
As a bimatoprost ophthalmic solution, Latisse works through a direct application to the base of the upper eyelashes using a sterile, disposable applicator for each eye. With its application, Latisse then improves the growth phase of your eyelash hair cycle by:
- Increasing the length of your lash growth phase
- Increasing the number of hairs in the growth phase
Results of Latisse are directly affected by its continued use. Discontinuation of the use of Latisse will cause your eyelashes to gradually return to their natural appearance.
Is Latisse Right For Me?
While Latisse is an ideal lash enhancing treatment for many of our Caste Rock clients, it is not always the right option for everyone. There are some important factors to consider when determining if you are a suitable candidate for Latisse, such as:
- Past or present use of eye pressure products – If you have treated or are treating eye pressure problems, Latisse should be used under the care of your doctor.
- Existing eye problems or upcoming surgical procedures – Sometimes it is safer not to use Latisse if you are in the process of treating eye problems.
- Skin darkening effects – Latisse can cause upper eyelid skin to darken, though it is a potentially reversible side effect.
- Permanent pigmentation changes – Latisse may cause increased brown pigmentation of the colored part of the eye, which is likely irreversible.
Still, Latisse has helped a number of our patients improve the appearance of their lashes. Our additional skin care treatments can also help you achieve optimal facial rejuvenation.
To find out more about how Latisse can thicken, lengthen or darken your lashes, call Facial Aesthetics medical spa today. We offer Latisse to our Castle Rock clients and clients in surrounding areas.