Our skin naturally heals and replenishes itself over time. However, age and environmental effects tend to have a cumulative effect that the body's natural processes have difficulty overcoming. Microneedling is an advanced skin treatment that accelerates this repair process so patients can enjoy healthier, clearer skin.
Facial Aesthetics is one of the foremost med spas in the United States due to our commitment to using the latest technology. Microneedling is one of the latest innovations we have adopted. To schedule a consultation, please call us at 303-377-2868 today. We serve clients from Castle Rock and other communities in the Denver area.
What Is Microneedling?
During a microneedling session, an experienced medical aesthetician will gently create tiny openings in the surface of the skin with the SkinPen II device. These openings, called “fractionated injuries,” stimulate the creation of collagen and also create a point of entry for the application of topical serum that refreshes the skin.
Microneedling can be used to enhance the appearance of virtually any section of the body, including:
- Neck and neckline
- Arms and legs
SkinPen is compatible with many different skin types. Our professional skin care staff can advise you on the ideal treatment option for your cosmetic needs.
Is Microneedling Right for Me?
Microneedling can begin relieving a broad range of skin conditions almost immediately. The treatment is effective on:
- Uneven skin tone
- Sagging skin
- Acne and other scars
- Large pores
- Stretch marks
An average visit involving microneedling takes just 15 to 30 minutes. Areas of severely damaged skin might require more than one appointment before results become apparent.
Benefits of Microneedling
Although the name might sound intimidating, the SkinPen II has multiple settings that make treatment comfortable for patients with multiple skin types and sensitivities. Other advantages of microneedling include:
- Convenience – treatment is performed in our Denver area office
- Rejuvenated, youthful looking skin
- Effectively stimulates natural production of collagen and elastin
- No scarring or exposure to intense heat
- Limited downtime
- Side effects are similar to a mild sunburn and usually go away within days of treatment
Recovery After Microneedling
Microneedling is non-surgical and minimally invasive, so it has a mild recovery. Here is a general timeline of what you can expect before and after your procedure:
- 24 hours before treatment: Stop your normal skincare routine. Don't apply any exfoliating agents.
- 6-8 hours after treatment: Don't apply anything to the treated area, including makeup or sunscreen. Avoid wearing clothing, headbands, or scarves over the treated area, as well. You'll experience redness and swelling that will resolve in a few days.
- 1-3 days after treatment: Wash treated skin with a sensitive skin cleanser given to you by our skin-care providers. Apply a hyaluronic acid serum, and put on facial sunscreen before going outside. Avoid anything that will make you sweat, including hot tubs, saunas, and exercise. Don't wear makeup.
- 4 days after treatment: You may resume your normal skin-care, makeup, and exercise routines. Continue to wear facial sunscreen when going outside.
Schedule Your Castle Rock Microneedling Consultation Today
Facial Aesthetics only adopts proven, safe skin care treatments. To learn more about microneedling, please contact our Denver medical spa or call 303-377-2868 today for a consultation. We welcome patients nationwide and in Colorado towns including Castle Rock and Aurora.