SkinPen is a micro-needling device that rejuvenates the appearance of your face. This non-surgical treatment is completed at our office. Below, find an outline of before-and-aftercare instructions. Of course when you visit us for your appointment, we will make sure you have complete and customized instructions. At Facial Aesthetics, our team of experienced Medical Estheticians will make sure you are armed with the right information. To arrange a consultation, please call our Denver office at 303-377-2868, or our Greenwood Village office at 303-791-1820.
- Please discontinue products containing any exfoliating agents (retinoic acid, tretinoin, retinol, benzoyl peroxide, glycolic/salicylic acids, astringents, etc.) 24 hours before treatment.
- A history of herpes or cold sores will require a course of anti-viral medication pre and post treatment.
Immediately Following Treatment:
- Do not apply anything to the skin for 6-8 hours after treatment. This includes make-up, SPF and products of any kind.
- Avoid clothing, headbands, hats or scarves on the treated area. If clothing is to be worn over treatment area, we recommend cotton clothing that hasn’t been treated with fabric softeners or dryer sheets.
- Redness and/or swelling is common and will resolve over time.
6-8 Hours After Treatment:
- Cleanse skin with Pamela Metamorphosis Sensitive Skin Cleanser followed by the Hyaluronic acid serum recommended by your aesthetician. Do not apply anything else to the skin.
Days 1-3 Post Treatment:
- AM Routine- Cleanse skin with Pamela Metamorphosis Sensitive Skin Cleanser, apply a hyaluronic acid serum and follow with aSPF.
- PM Routine- Cleanse skin with Pamela Metamorphosis Sensitive Skin Cleanser and apply a hyaluronic acid serum.
- Do not pick, peel, rub, scrub or irritate your skin in any way while it is healing, as this may cause scarring.
- Avoid heat, saunas, hot tubs and sweaty activity; this includes exercise of any kind.
- Do not use a Clarisonicor facial brush of any kind.
- Mineral make-up may be worn, however, we recommend leaving skin clean for this time period if possible.
- You may resume your regular skin care routine as long as peeling/flaking has subsided. Understand that you may or may not peel and each treatment may be different.