At Facial Aesthetics, all of our patients can be confident that they will be in caring, educated hands. This is especially important for Denver Botox® patients who trust us to provide injectable treatment with BOTOX® Cosmetic.
Facial Aesthetics has been recognized by Allergan, the makers of BOTOX® Cosmetic, as being in the top 1% of BOTOX® Cosmetic injectors not only in and around Denver, but throughout the country. To schedule an appointment with our Denver BOTOX® Cosmetic specialists, please call 855-857-4770 to learn more.
Find out more about BOTOX® Cosmetic:
- What is BOTOX® Cosmetic?
- What Can BOTOX® Cosmetic Do For Me?
- Am I a Candidate for BOTOX® Cosmetic?
- Discussing Treatment Options with Our Staff
- Benefits of BOTOX® Cosmetic Treatments
- Pre/Post Treatment Instructions
- Possible Side Effects of BOTOX® Cosmetic
- Why Choose Facial Aesthetics?
- Contact Us Today
What is BOTOX® Cosmetic?
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a dermal filler that is derived from the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. When injected, BOTOX® Cosmetic actually stops the nerve signals from firing in your facial muscles. By stopping this firing, wrinkles will stop forming and the wrinkles that already exist will dissipate.
what can denver botox® cosmetic do for me?
Targeted injections of BOTOX® Cosmetic into facial tissue temporarily interrupt nerve signals to nearby muscles. By reducing muscle activity, BOTOX® Cosmetic can relieve fine lines and deep-set wrinkles on areas of the face such as:
- Between the eyebrows (frown lines)
- The corners of the eyes (crow's feet)
A Denver BOTOX® Cosmetic session consists of one or more gentle injections with a thin needle. An injection appointment at our Denver spa takes roughly 10 to 15 minutes, and you'll be able to enjoy your new, youthful look for approximately four months.
Am I a Candidate for BOTOX® Cosmetic?
Like any other cosmetic treatment, you must fulfill specific requirements in order to get the procedure. At Facial Aesthetics, we consider you a good candidate for Denver BOTOX® Cosmetic if you meet the following criteria:
- You are at least 18 years old
- You are free of any known allergies to BOTOX® Cosmetic or related products
- You have good facial symmetry
- You are free of facial scars or pre-existing skin conditions
- You have good facial muscle strength
- You are not pregnant or nursing at the time of your treatment
Discussing Treatment Options with our Clinical Staff
To fully determine your candidacy for this injectable, you will meet with our clinically trained staff for an initial consultation. Here, we will discuss your qualifications and overall goals.
You will also want to be sure to inform us of anything that may hinder your cosmetic results, including:
- Medical conditions
- Medications you are taking, including vitamins and supplements
- Questions or concerns you may have regarding treatment
- Any known allergies
Sometimes, people find that they do not meet the requirements to be a Denver BOTOX® Cosmetic patient . If this is the case, our team may recommend other skin care treatments to help you get the youthful appearance you want to achieve.
benefits of botox® cosmetic
BOTOX® Cosmetic is one of the most popular, reliable solutions for wrinkle reduction and anti-aging. Some of the reasons patients love this injectable treatment include:
- Natural looking, conservative results
- Results are often visible within days of your appointment
- Injections are designed to be virtually painless – no anesthetic is required
- Side effects are uncommon, and tend to be minor and short-lived when they do occur
- No downtime is required after the injections are complete
- Wrinkle relief from subsequent injections tends to last longer than after the first treatment
For optimal results, it's very important to seek out experienced Denver BOTOX® Cosmetic providers who are committed to helping you obtain the best results possible. As the only medical spa in the Denver area to be honored with the prestigious Black Diamond status (top 1% of providers nationwide) from Allergan, the Facial Aesthetics Denver BOTOX® Cosmetic staff is uniquely qualified to provide you with the best treatment using BOTOX®, Juvederm®, and other injectables.
Pre/Post Treatment Instructions
Enhance the results that you experience from Facial Aesthetics treatment therapies by following a few simple instructions provided by your clinician. As a reminder, here are guidelines specific to each therapy. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions regarding your post-treatment regimen.
Before Your BOTOX®/Dysport Treatment
- To avoid bruising it is best not to take any pain relievers that are blood thinners such as aspirin like Tylenol, Advil, Motrin, or Vitamin E. Avoid alcohol for a few days after treatment since it, too, is a blood thinner.
- Do not use BOTOX® if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, are allergic to any of its ingredients, or suffer from any neurological disorders. Please inform your clinician if you have any questions about this prior to the procedure.
- Sunburned skin is difficult to treat so avoid exposure to the sun.
- Avoid Waxing, bleaching, tweezing, or the use of hair removal cream on the area to be treated.
- Avoid the use of Alpha Hydroxy Acids higher than 10% and avoid Retinoids.
- Inform your clinician if you have a history of Perioral Herpes to receive advice on antiviral therapy prior to treatment.
- Always inform your clinician of all medications you may be taking as well as your medical history.
BOTOX®/Dysport Post-Treatment Instructions
You may have bruises in the areas treated with BOTOX®/Dysport. This is normal. It will take up to two weeks for you to experience the full effect of the BOTOX® treatment. Remain patient. It takes time for the muscles to lose strength and the lines to fade following BOTOX®/Dysport treatments. Movement of lines diminished is OK. The objective of the BOTOX®/Dysport treatment is to improve the appearance of the lines, not necessarily paralyze the muscle. If we can achieve the improvement of the lines without complete paralysis in the area then you benefit from continued use of subtle facial expression in that area of your face.
It is best to try to exercise your treated muscles for 1-2 hours after treatment (e.g. practice frowning, raising your eyebrows, or squinting). This helps to work BOTOX®/Dysport Cosmetic into your muscles. Although thought to help, it will NOT impact your treatment negatively if you forget to do this.
Do NOT rub or massage the treated areas for 4 hours after your treatment. Do NOT practice Yoga or any type of strenuous exercise for 4 hours after treatment. Also, avoid facials or saunas for 4 hours after your treatment. This will minimize the risk of raising your blood pressure and therefore minimize the risk of temporary bruising. Feel free to shower and go about most other regular daily activities.
Do NOT lie down for 4 hours after treatment. This is to avoid the risk of pressure on the treated areas (from your pillow) and to avoid the risk of having the area rubbed accidentally.
Be assured that any tiny bumps or marks will go away within a few hours. If you need to apply make-up within 4 hours after your treatment, only use a GENTLE touch to avoid rubbing the treated area.
Results of your treatment may take up to 14 days to take full effect. Please wait until the 14 days has passed before assessing if you are pleased with the result.
Because BOTOX®/Dysport Cosmetic requires a special technique in order to customize the injections to your individual muscular structure, it is important that your muscle activity recover, BUT that your skin is not creasing to the point from where you started.
BOTOX®/Dysport Cosmetic is a temporary procedure and at first, you may find that your treatment results will last approximately 3 or 4 months. If you maintain your treatment appointments with the frequency recommended by your doctor, the duration of each treatment result may last longer than 4 months.
Initially our clinic sees patients between the 3-month (12 week) and 4 month (16 week) time period. We are able to create the best clinical results for you during this period. If you allow BOTOX®/Dysport Cosmetic to wear off completely, it is difficult for the doctor to be able to see how your individual muscles reacted and therefore optimal results for your face can be more difficult to achieve.
We offer the special service of contacting you as a reminder prior to your booked appointment. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call us.
Possible Side Effects of BOTOX® Cosmetic Treatments
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a very simple, in-office procedure in which our skilled doctors and dermatologists inject BOTOX® Cosmetic into specific areas of your face. The pain is barely noticeable, if at all, and there are minimal side effects which typically will include the following:
- Redness at the injection site
- Minor swelling or bruising that will quickly dissipate
- Minor pain
Most side effects are minimal and will go away within hours to 1-2 days, but the results of BOTOX® Cosmetic will be quickly noticed and are long-lasting, so they clearly outweigh the possible side effects.
Why Choose Facial Aesthetics?
As Denver's premier medical spa, Facial Aesthetics can provide you with outstanding cosmetic results. Our practice has been awarded with the prestigious Black Diamond status, placing our team in the top 1% of providers nationwide. This makes us uniquely qualified to provide you with the best Denver BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment and overall patient experience.
Our clinical staff have decades of experience and will take their time to ensure that you’re comfortable and receive the results that you’re hoping to achieve.
Contact Us Today
Please contact Facial Aesthetics online or call 855-857-4770 today to learn more about Denver BOTOX® Cosmetic and schedule a one-on-one consultation. Our medical spa proudly serves the Denver community and welcomes clients visiting us across the United States.