Prepping and aftercare are important components of the Vivace skin treatment. The team at Facial Aesthetics will make sure you have all the information you need. If you have questions or would like to schedule an appointment, please call us at one of our two office locations, in Denver, at 303-377-2868, or in Greenwood Village at 303-791-1820. You deserve great results, and knowing how to take care of your skin before and after an aesthetic treatment helps promote beautiful, lasting results.
- Please discontinue products containing any exfoliating agents (retinoic acid, tretinoin, retinol, benzoyl peroxide, glycolic/salicylic acids, astringents, etc.) 24 hours before treatment.
- A history of herpes or cold sores will require a course of anti-viral medication pre and post treatment.
Immediately Following Treatment:
- Do not apply anything to the skin for 24 hours after treatment. This includes make-up, SPF and products of any kind.
- Avoid clothing, headbands, hats or scarves on the treated area. If clothing is to be worn over treatment area, we recommend cotton clothing that hasn’t been treated with fabric softeners or dryer sheets.
- Bruising, pinpoint bleeding, minor scabbing, minor breakouts, swelling and/or redness may occur and will resolve over time.
Days 1-3 Post Treatment:
- AM Routine- Cleanse skin with Pamela Metamorphosis Sensitive Skin Cleanser, apply a hyaluronic acid serum and follow with an SPF.
- PM Routine- Cleanse skin with Pamela Metamorphosis Sensitive Skin Cleanser, apply a hyaluronic acid serum and follow with Pamela Metamorphosis Moisturizer Plus.
- Do not pick, peel, rub, scrub or irritate your skin in any way while it is healing, as this may cause scarring.
- Please apply aquaphor if you experience any scabbing. Do not apply any acne products if you experience a breakout.
- Avoid heat, saunas, hot tubs and sweaty activity; this includes exercise of any kind.
- Do not use a Clarisonicor facial brush of any kind.
- Mineral make-up may be worn, however, we recommend leaving skin clean for this time period if possible.
- You may resume your regular skin care routine.